Sun, sea and sand. We all know this phrase because we all love this combination. Take away the sea and the sand, what’s left is the sun, and that is the only thing that we experience during summer. A season we all love, not because of the weather, not because of the heat, not because of the humidity, but because of the lazy afternoons it brings along with it, when people switch on their air conditioners and roll around. But along with all the lazing around, summer requires us to keep ourselves in check. Keep ourselves hydrated, fit, active and most importantly clean. Our skin requires a lot of care, since it is the most sensitive covering for our body. This excerpt will tell you what all to follow in order to get the perfect skin for the summers.
These tips, given to you point wise under the subtopic, will tell you what all you can do to beat the heat and keep your skin rejuvenated in summer for the longest time possible:
- Keeps yourself hydrated at all times as along with summers, sweat also is something that comes, and sweat will dehydrate one’s body. Keep drinking water as it will help to keep the individual hydrated, and it also helps to prevent eruptions on the face as it flushes toxins out of the body. 8-10 glasses of water per day is a must.
- Moisturizing your skin is something that is very important and must be done for places with dry summers as dry skin is prone to damage. Water-based moisturizers are best for any skin type.
- Dead skin cells and sweat clog a lot of pores on the skin around the face or the hands. They must be removed before applying a moisturizer. This process is known as exfoliation, and it should be done every time moisturizer, or makeup is applied. It should preferably be done 2-3 times a week.
- How can we not include sunscreen? A very important lotion that everybody should carry and apply on their skins before heading out into the sun to prevent the damage on the skin caused by the sun rays. Sunscreen should be at least SPF 30, or above it to work seamlessly.
- Non-comedogenic products are the things that you use, but it blocks the skin pores and causes more harm than repair. To prevent using such products as they might lead to acne and abrasions. They cause dead skin cells to clog the pores causing infections.
- Aloe Vera, a plant that is found anywhere, and a plant that can be used for absolutely anything. Aloe comes to the rescue during summers as applying it on to the skin acts as a major relief. It helps in cooling down the skin, nourishing it gently.
- Following a healthy diet, is a way to keep your skin clean and fresh. During summers, especially, increase the intake of boiled fruits and vegetables and lessen the intake of oily food. Increase the intake of liquid food, like juices and shakes as more the moisture enters your body, the better.
- Mango, a fruit of the summer, is a very good fruit to be had in any which way possible. It helps to keep the skin and the hair clean and clear.
- If you come up with any skin problems that you feel like should be checked out, then going and consulting with a dermatologist is the best option. Dermatologists are helpful even when you need to get suggestions for skin care during any weather.
- A lot of physicians also claim that clean teeth also play a huge part in deciding the wellness of our skin. So taking care of your teeth, regular brushing and flossing help and goes a long way.
- Carotene-rich food like carrots helps your skin to glow and cleanse during the summer.
- White food, like rice, bread, and anything made from refined carbohydrates cause a variety of skin problems, including inflammation and breakouts and abrasions. Eating them during the summers should be prevented.
- Washing your face regularly with just water and maybe a face wash proves to be beneficial for a lot of times. Helps to energize your skin and keep the laziness away.
- Using an SPF lip balm for dry, chapped lips are a must during the summers to prevent you from damaged lips. Reapplying is the key.
- Always remember to treat your scalp so that it doesn’t get dry and irritable with a good shampoo.
- Multiple showers a day are an amazing way to relieve yourself of the hot sun. It helps to keep away the sweat and opens the pores making the skin moisturized again.
- Melons available during the summers, like watermelon and cantaloupe act as antioxidants and reduce inflammation and prevent rashes and breakouts.
- A way to treat your face as given by some physicians is, cut a strawberry in half, poke around the flesh to activate the juices and apply it on your face in a circular motion and rinse off after 2 minutes.
- Intake of vitamins C and E helps to increase the body tolerance of the sun and gives the body a natural SPF.
- Cleansing your skin with a good cleanser to get rid of the dead skin cells and gunk accumulated on the pores can be done very simply and effectively.
- Sufficient sleep at night helps you to rejuvenate your skin and reduces the toxins from your body. A good night’s sleep is very important for any weather whatsoever. That is the time your body repairs itself and grows.
- Chilled tea bags help to reduce the puffiness of eyes.
So, as I have mentioned before, this was all about the skin care tips you need to follow in order to get a flawless skin this summer. Somebody’s skin may be more sensitive than another, or vice versa. Everybody’s skin composition and tone are not the same, and products on one skin type may vary with another skin type. But taking care of yourself is a very important task you must do during any weather.