Men are usually very traditional with their skincare routine. Most of the man, skin care system, includes a razor, a bar of soap and aftershave. Well, dear men, that’s not enough in today’s competitive world. You are doing great in your career, maintaining your health by eating healthy, and you look great with that masculine gym trained figure. But why ignoring the most important part, ” Your Face” and your face would look great when you have a healthy skin. So here are some easy skin care tips that a man can easily adjust in his daily skin care routine.
- No sleep without washing your face-
When you are home, and all you want is to warn yourself that not washing away all the dirt that has accumulated on your face in the whole day will leave you with clogged pores. Your skin needs to relax too, so this should be adopted as skin care night routine that after you are done with your face wash, remember to moisturize it.
- The shuteye theory-
Today’s world is a busy world where your skin gets acquainted with numerous kinds of pollution, and then those late night wakeups. This waking up till late nights worsen the skin condition. Our skin goes into a healing process only when we are asleep. The immediate effect of not having proper sleep can be seen with the occurrence of dark under-eye circles and blemishes.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly-
Elimination of dead skin cells is done through exfoliation. If you do not exfoliate your skin once or twice a week, the dead skin cells will gather up and cause bacterial infection. After exfoliating or scrubbing, the skin appears to be radiant and healthy.
- Say NO to cheap razors-
Shaving is an important part to discuss while talking about skin care for men. A shaving gel with moisturizer should be used instead of directly applying the blades on your face. It is recommended to shave in the shower or immediately after taking a bath as the hairs become softer from the warm water.
- Your skin care regime-
No need for filling up the cabinets and buying the products that you are rarely going to use. Men, with their nature, want things to be hassle-free and simple. So here are some basic skin care products for men that will help in setting up your skincare regime.
- A good cleanser which deeply cleanses the pores.
- An alcohol-free aftershave that does not leave your skin dry.
- Fragrance-free moisturizer, so that you do not feel that sweet girly fragrance.
- Sunscreen containing SPF 30 or more before stepping out in the sun.
Treating skin problems at home
Everyone in their life goes through some skin related problems. Some can be avoided or treated at home. Mostly some general problems that men face are acne, pimples, blemishes, and oily skin. These can be tackled or best say avoided with the ingredients available in your kitchen. Some of the skin care home remedies are –
- Combination of honey and cinnamon helps in reducing active acne. A homemade mask made with these easily available ingredients should be used by people suffering from acne.
- Egg whites and lemons, both the ingredients tighten pores. Combining one egg white with one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and applying it on your face as a mask helps in absorbing the excess oil. The mask should be washed off with warm water after it dries up.
- Blemishes are another skin problem that occurs due to oily skin. Aloe Vera gel is rich in antioxidants that help in skin care naturally. Applying Aloe Vera twice a day helps in reducing blemishes.
- Every kitchen has raw milk. Raw Milk helps in controlling the secretion of Tyrosine, eventually resulting in brighter and fairer skin.
- Make a paste of curd, turmeric, and lemon. Applying this face pack on your face removes tanning leaving your skin radiant and glowing.
- Applying Raw Slices of Potato on your eyes helps in getting rid of under eye circles.
Well, these were some skin care home remedies, but not all skin problems are treated at home. For some skin problems, you will need to visit a skin clinic or a skin care hospital where your skin related problems will be handled by a Dermatologist who is a skin specialist doctor. So above listed were some easy to be adopted skincare routine for men and if followed regularly, You will not need to see a dermatologist very soon.