Skincare plays an essential part in everyday life, no matter what the weather is skincare is important.
Summers are already here and following a proper skincare routine is very important. The scorching heat of the sun can harm your skin in many ways and don’t forget about the harmful rays, pollution, and dust. All these toxic substances have a bad effect on our skin, leaving it causing acne, breakouts, dark circles, and everything possible you can think off.
Skincare routine in summer not only involves a daily routine but also follows a skincare night routine.
However, skincare in summers is not only the thing, but here is a list of skin care tips in summer, skincare home remedies and skincare routine for oily skin.
Summer season leads to redness, irritation, sweat, and oil penetration on the face, and most of us are suffering from these problems every day.
Here’s a tip, every day before applying anything on your skin, give yourself an ice massage. Ice massage is the best way to start your day and it not only reduces sweat and oil but also leaves your skin flawless and glowing. It slows down the process of ageing and also reduces puffiness. All you need to do is to take a bowl in which you can easily dip your face, fill it with some ice cold water and a few cubes of ice. Then slowly place your face inside it for 10 secs and remove it, do it for about one minute and you are good to go.
Another tip is for those who are prone to acne and breakouts. Every night after cleansing your face apply some aloe vera gel on your face. Next morning splashes some cold water on it:
- Early morning washes it off with some cold water-oily skin and reduces acne and breakouts.
How to use: Wet your face with some water and then foam the cleanser between your hands, gently massage it on your face following circular motions. Do it for about 20-30 seconds and then wash it off with water.
- Face scrub– Always try to use Gentle daily scrub. Take a good amount of product in your hands and gently scrub your face. Don’t go to harsh as it can lead to the removal of normal skin too. Applying it on every alternate day , will give you oil free skin.
- Toning– The next step is to do toning. Use rosewater to tone your face.
How to use: Take a cotton pad, apply some rose water on it and while using swiping motion tone your face.
- Moisturising– Moisturizing is a crucial step for every skin type. Try to use water based product, rather than oil based as it can increase oil formation.
- Sunscreen– Never ever ditch sunscreen, I repeat, never ever. Sunscreen is an indispensable part of skincare routine as it protects our skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. A good spf is all you need. Apply a good amount of sunscreen on your face, coin sized amount will work good to cover your face and neck. Always apply it 20min prior leaving house.
Night skincare routine for oily skin
- Makeup Remover– Noone wants that dry and dehydrated skin every morning and ditching makeup remover can lead to it.
Always remove makeup with remover by using a cotton pad. Use waterproof remover for waterproof makeup and normal remover for normal makeup.
- Cleansing– Yes, cleansing is important for night as well.
- Toning– Using toner at night gives flawless and soft skin inmorning.
- Night cream– You can use cream as per your problems. Acne cream, under eye cream, dark circles cream or dark spots cream. You can choose what suits you best.
Along with daily skincare routine it is important to use face pack once or twice a week. Face packs are available in the market but you can also make them at home using ingredients from your kitchen.
Skincare at home
Gram Flour curd face pack
For this face pack you will need:
2 tablespoon gram flour
1 tablespoon curd
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Process:- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and with the help of a brush apply it on your skin (choose quantity as per needed).
Leave it for 30-45 mins and then apply some water over it, slowly start rubbing it off in circular motions and then rinse it off properly.